Jobs and Internships
The Idaho Democratic Party is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all interested applicants are strongly encouraged to apply. We know there are great candidates who won’t fit everything we’ve described above, or who have important skills we haven’t thought of. If that’s you, don’t hesitate to apply and tell us about yourself. We are dedicated to constantly improving our organization, in part by making sure our staff reflects the communities most impacted by our work. We are committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds and ages. Women, people of color, LGBTQ+ individuals, and individuals with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.
Political and Training Director
The Political and Training Director is responsible for the development and implementation of a year round candidate recruitment program and training program for candidates, activists, and staff. This person will also serve as the main point of contact for the needs of candidates and members of the Idaho Democratic Party central committee.
- Design and implement a year round training program for the state party to be delivered to county party chairs, precinct captains, legislative districts chairs, candidates, etc.
- Responsible for the creation and maintenance of an IDP training library
- Present weekly and monthly trainings either virtually or in person on a variety of topics that are pertinent to the success of the state party and it’s leadership
- Serves as a liaison between IDP and outside groups and consultants as it relates to training.
- Assist candidates and elected officials in using tools such as Votebuilder, Mobilize, Scale to Win, and other voter contact tools.
- Implement the 2023 Main Street Candidate Recruitment Program and develop a 2024 candidate recruitment program.
- Host bi-weekly candidate support calls where training and mentorship will be provided.
- Serve as the point of contact and liaison with IDP committees and members.
- Provide support, training, and guidance to our candidates and central committee members.
- Work with other IDP departments such as field, fundraising, and communications to hit strategic goals.
- Management of all in-house printing for candidates and IDP mailers and event materials
- In charge of answering website submissions and answering the IDP phone in the absence of volunteers
- Point of contact for all office related vendors and in charge of maintaining office supplies and printing materials
- 1-2 years of campaign or relevant experience preferred
- Previous experience training large groups of people
- Comfortable working with candidates, elected officials, and party leadership
- Experience with voter contact tools such as Votebuilder, Mobilize, Minivan is preferred
- Passion for electing Democrats and working with members of the broad coalition that make up our Party.
- A strong professional ability to design slide decks and use google suite
- Strong data analysis skills
- Ability to learn new technologies and skills quickly
- Proven experience managing multiple complex projects and finishing tasks on deadline.
- Basic knowledge of graphic design tools like Adobe Express and Canva
- Excellent writing skills with a strong attention to detail.
- A commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Salary: $46,500 – $55,000
- Medical, dental, and vision benefits
- Monthly computer and phone stipend
- Travel reimbursement