The Idaho State Senate is hiring three Legislative Attachés for the upcoming legislative session (usually January-March). This is a great opportunity to work for Idaho Democratic elected leaders and get a bird’s eye view of policy-making in the Idaho Capitol. The deadline to apply is November 8.
Each attaché may provide administrative, research, and constituent support to two or more legislators, as well as taking on projects for the caucus as a whole or assignments from the Chief of Staff.
- Be able to multitask. Be very organized and patient.
- All basic office/ administrative skills needed.
- Ability to conduct research on the internet, in the library, in Idaho Code, and between agencies/departments/organizations.
- General computer skills with ability to quickly learn new software programs.
- Excellent writing and communication skills.
- Personable—with the public, lobbyists, and other legislators. We are the first contact between the public and their elected officials.
This is a great way to meet awesome people and to make a difference. Please apply!