The Ada County Democrats are hiring a field director!
Title: Field Director
About Ada Democrats:
Ada County Democrats are building a better Idaho by focusing on the values that unite us: freedom, education, economic opportunity, human rights, and clean public lands and waters. As an all-volunteer organization, we help elect diverse Democrats to public office who will best represent these values. We strive to connect people in Ada County to causes they care about, It is not the purpose of the County Party to take a stand on each issue.
Field Directors will lead the candidates’ voter targeting and contact goals that include, but are not limited to:
- Ability to write and implement a comprehensive, data driven field plan
- Build and manage a field leadership team to execute said complex field plan
- Design and standardize best practices for data management using the campaign’s voter file software
- Establish a strong professional culture within the field organization focused on accountability, specific goals, innovation and sense of purpose
- Coordinate field organizing with fundraising operations
- Manage the field program budget and logistics in collaboration with senior staff
- Build robust network of neighborhood teams
- Coach, train and build up leadership
- Building a long term prograssive fabric in Ada county
- Significant portion of time spent making phone calls, sending text messages and door knocking (When safe)
- Occasionally working late evenings
- Work days Tuesday-Saturday (Sunday and Mondays off) with occasional Sundays (Mondays and Tuesdays off)
- Hours may increase following the May 2022 primary
- 1+ cycles of campaign field experience (Competitive races are a benefit)
- 2+ cycles of campaign field experience (Prefered) (Competitive races are a benefit)
- Experience managing and training volunteers
- Willingness to learn
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously, meeting frequent deadlines
- Extensive experience with and ability to train on Votebuilder (VAN)
- Strong communication and organizational skills, showing attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills; successful at motivating self and staff to meet recruitment and voter contact goals
- Experience or knowledge working in a field with varying demographics
Compensation: $36,000+ per year (varies based on experience)
To apply, please email email@example.com with “Field Director Application” in the title along with your cover letter, resume, and three professional references.
Expected Start Date: April 1, 2021
The Ada County Democrats do not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, sexual orientation, marital status, physical ability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factors.