The Development Director will work alongside the Executive Director to manage IDP finances, both expenses and income. They will also work closely with the other Finance Department members to effectively raise, report, and acknowledge the funds that support the party and our electoral programs.
• Engage staff, officers, Fundraising Committee members and volunteers to create a culture of fundraising and creatively raise the funds necessary to sustain our work.
• Work with the ED and Finance/Fundraising Committees to create a multi-faceted short and long term fundraising plan for the Party that develops new revenue streams.
• Develop and maintain operational and programmatic budgets for the Party with the Treasurer and ED.
• Research current and prospective donors and manage and maintain database of donor records with utmost efficiency and attention to detail.
• Fully prepare and support officers, fundraising committee members and ED during call time
• Be a resource for Democratic County Parties, elected officials and candidates on fundraising strategy and reporting.
• Raise funds through consistent personal call time.
• Work with Fundraising committee to execute several large-scale fundraising events throughout the year
• Conduct accurate and timely donor follow up and acknowledgement.
• Coordinate with Communications Director to raise online contributions through innovative direct email solicitations, popular social media posts, online ads and high quality contribution web pages.
• Establish and administer the IDP giving circles.
• Manage auxiliary fundraising programs, including Dollars for Democrats and DNC Victory Fund.
• Manage system of receiving and disbursing funds.
The Idaho Democratic Party is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender identification, sexual orientation, national origin, veteran status, marital status, disability or any category prohibited by local, state or federal law.