Help Democrats get their message out!
Tell your friends and neighbors why you think Idaho Democrats represent their values and interests best. Our 5 core values are opportunity, fairness, responsibility, quality of life, and community!
Here are some tips to give you a better chance of getting your letter published.
- Keep your letter short. Most letter to the editor pages limit letters to 200 to 250 words.
- Get to the point in the very first sentence. Most readers won’t get past the first sentence if they don’t understand what your point is.
- Include your full name, address, e-mail address and daytime telephone number. The newspaper will not publish your street address or phone number, but editors often call letter writers to verify authorship.
- Improve your chance of being selected for publication by referring to a specific news story or editorial published in the paper. Letters that respond to something that was in the paper often get first priority.
- Do not respond to something you saw on TV or heard on the radio. Just as newspapers like to promote themselves in letters to the editor, they rarely will promote competitors.
- Read your letter aloud to a family member before you send it. If your listener can’t understand it, then your readers won’t understand it, either.
- Keep trying. Most newspapers have a 30-day rule, or a 45-day rule on frequent contributors.
Click on the name of the newspaper below to be linked to the the newspaper’s Letter to the Editor page. Please follow their instructions for submitting your letters.
Send a copy of your letter to firstname.lastname@example.org so we can keep track of the good things people are saying about Idaho Democrats.